We decided to head for Bali since Gretchen hadn't been there yet. Karen J. led out in fine fashion, and Gretchen, being still new to the paths, stayed close on Karen's pedals. I took up the rear with Carol. Karen and Gretchen didn't stop until they got to the old Guandu bike shop, and from there we decided to forgo the ride to Tanshui and the normal ferry ride, and instead, head directly to Bali over the Guandu Bridge. Karen J. put her gears low and made it up the ramp for the first time ever. Good going! Of course, on the other side, we had to stop for the ubiquitous celebratory photos. The first is of Carol, Karen, and Gretchen, and I got to be in the second!
While we were congratulating Karen on her climbing success, we noticed a nice young man who appeared to want to visit with us. We didn't take the time then, but after Karen (who once again rabbited ahead of all of us) stopped to wait, he and she exchanged pleasantries. Turns out he (Roger) was just finishing up a tour around the island of Taiwan, and had also recently completed five months of cycling in New Zealand. We really do meet some interesting people out on the bikes here.
2 comments:
Five months cycling New Zealand sounds like a great time! I love meeting people on bikes.
Seems like someone always wants to chat with us when we're out...most of the time I enjoy it, other times I just want them to kiss off!
Post a Comment