Since the bike path was out of commission for bikers, I went out to WenLin Road with traffic, thought about heading up the hill to Peitou, changed my mind when the wind nearly blew me sideways, so back to Dexing, Chung Shan, Cheng Chung, Shidong (right at Takishamaya) u-turn and safely to the apartment. This was one of those days with high highs and low lows...highs from the climbs and descents, lows from the idjits and weather. Darn near kissed the ground when I reached the safety of my apartment.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Wind, Hills, and Walkers
Today was a solo Sunday, so I thought I'd head for the hills a bit. I rode up to Psycho Squirrel Bridge, back down to the National Palace Museum, then back up to Psycho Squirrel for a second time. The elevation gain to the bridge is about 850 feet. In about three miles. It's a decent climb and I breathe hard each time I climb it. The picture of the creek is past the National Palace Museum before the girl's school.
Once down to the National Palace, I headed over to the bike path (oops, atop Piglet Bridge I looked down and saw about 1,000 or so walkers enjoying walking day. Thanks for that, guys.) You have to look closely at the photo to see the snaking line of walkers.

Since the bike path was out of commission for bikers, I went out to WenLin Road with traffic, thought about heading up the hill to Peitou, changed my mind when the wind nearly blew me sideways, so back to Dexing, Chung Shan, Cheng Chung, Shidong (right at Takishamaya) u-turn and safely to the apartment. This was one of those days with high highs and low lows...highs from the climbs and descents, lows from the idjits and weather. Darn near kissed the ground when I reached the safety of my apartment.
Since the bike path was out of commission for bikers, I went out to WenLin Road with traffic, thought about heading up the hill to Peitou, changed my mind when the wind nearly blew me sideways, so back to Dexing, Chung Shan, Cheng Chung, Shidong (right at Takishamaya) u-turn and safely to the apartment. This was one of those days with high highs and low lows...highs from the climbs and descents, lows from the idjits and weather. Darn near kissed the ground when I reached the safety of my apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment