Friday, November 02, 2007

Scenes from various rides

My weekend mornings are usually spent on a bike. Saturdays I usually ride with a group of ladies who meet at TAS and then head out to one of the bike paths. Sundays will usually find me riding solo...sometimes up the hills, sometimes on the paths, depending on my mood and energy level. Taipei is actually a very nice place to ride, if you survive the traffic on some of the roads.

This first picture is of the car wash guy who took pity on me and soaped down the bike after my "after Typhoon Krosa" ride.

Photobucket

And here we have a very necessary stop for me, also on the Krosa ride. I kept thinking I could make it to a "good" potty, but common sense told me to stop here, no matter what it looked or smelled like. Yes, it does look like a men's urinal, but really it is just a typical Chinese squat toilet.

Photobucket

One of our favorite things to do is ride out to Tanshui, then hop aboard the ferry to Bali, where frozen mango drinks and fresh donuts await. Enjoying the ferry this morning were Elise, Karen J., Brenda, Gretchen, Claire, and Karen P. Mary Y. was the photographer, so missed having her smiling face here.

Photobucket

This is a store near the Taipei Bridge. I did a double take when I saw the "fat boy" mannequin because the store isn't in an area that is frequented by expats. Rarely do I see any Chinese men who would wear something this large.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about remodeling my bathroom and that squat toilet in green is very attractive. Funny how they have "fat boy" mannequins over there, but not so much back here where the fat boys are!!

russtaitai said...

Sue, do it...use the squatter several times a day and you'll have thighs of steel.