This year was the first without Doug and Judy, who retired to Kansas, and Russ, who is back in the states this year. Glenn and Patricia were also unable to make this year's festivities because Glenn's 32 year old son had died suddenly of a blood infection. They were back in Colorado with family. Greg and Candace were also missing in action, Greg was home sick with a nasty flu that took his voice away for a week.
Joyce is an avid quilter and this picture showcases her recently completed journal quilt that she started a number of years ago. Each piece of fabric is different, if I remember correctly, there are about 400 different pieces. No...that sounds like way too many. She had written, in beautiful cursive, events that occured each day in one complete year, and included a ton of photographs printed on fabric. I am amazed at the amount of work she has in this quilt. One of these days I may be inspired by Joyce and start hand quilting mine again!
No comments:
Post a Comment