Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend Rides

Talk about a weekend of contrasts. Saturday's weather was glorious and virtually wind-free. Two brand-new people joined our regular Saturday morning bike path ride, and one old-timer joined us, which gave us six riders for the morning. The bike paths weren't even too crowded, so consequently, we had a completely enjoyable morning. This first photo was taken "on the fly" and I was able to capture the group as they were rounding a corner passing a few other riders.


We found some rowers who had finished their practice, and one happily took this group photo of us. From left to right: Adelle, Brenda, Gretchen, Karen W., Karen J., and Karen P. This was under the bridge at the Dragon Boat racing/practice area.


And imagine our surprise when we came to the end of one path, only to find this blockade "preventing" us from crossing the intersection to get onto the path that connected with the one we just got off. Karen P. ran up ahead to see if we could go around three different barriers, and she happily reported that all was clear once we cleared them. Funny part? As we were going through one area, one of the construction crew members came and held the tape for us so we could get through easier.


Sunday is my solo, usually long-distance day. However, I settled for 30 miles today due to the crowds on the roads, the wind along the coast (and everywhere else), and the hills that crushed me. I am happy to say I kept a good attitude and just enjoyed the last of the ride once I decided to pack it in. I've been eying this rice for sometime, and today was the day to capture it with the camera.

No comments: