I am very much behind in my miles compared to the previous three years. I'm trying to play a little bit of catch up because of my late start due to the knee injury, but have discovered that I'm lazy right now. I should be able to go out most days before school from 4:45-5:45 and get in a decent 10-12 miles. I should also be able to go out some days after school for 15-20 miles each time. So what do I usually do? Yep, I wake up, look at the clock, and reset the alarm for an hour later. And after school, I come home, take a nap, or watch really bad tv.
I'm not giving up on myself just yet, though. I did ride Tuesday morning before school, and today after school. I would have ridden this morning, but a rare thunderstorm was still in existence. Even though I managed just 15 miles after school today, I was still pleased because I fought the wind all the way out past the Grand Hotel and then some.
My knee seems to have mostly healed, but I am still bothered by either plantar fasciitis or fat pad syndrome on my right foot. That's been going on for a long time...probably half a year or more, and is a result of wearing LL Bean summer sneakers everywhere for months on end. Yes, I knew they didn't have enough support, but I liked them enough I wore them anyway. Nope, haven't seen a doctor about the foot, but have been doing some stretching and icing. I also have started wearing Birkenstock's, which seem to help a bit. I can't seem to stop walking and carrying bunches of stuff in my backpack, so until I'm able to do that, I don't think I'll have good healing.
Back to my original thought...my mileage. My goal for the year is still 5,000 miles, and if I reach that, it will be the most miles I've ever ridden in a year. And if I am to reach that goal, I had better get off my duff a lot more often.
2 comments:
Don't get too down on yourself. I haven't really been motivated yet this season either. It seemed like winter would NEVER leave the midwest this year!!! I was in North Platte Sunday-Monday and Grand Island Monday-Tuesday and didn't bring a bike, so you can get home and post a lot of pictures for Tenbrooks' thread!
There's your motivation!
Today is supposed to reach aroudn 55 degrees, but the best news, 5-15 mph wind. A CALM DAY!!
I'm taking this afternoon off (after I get back from Sioux City) and going to ride.
You too?
Hi'ya, Hooterville! Yep, got in a decent little bike ride this morning. Felt good. Here's hoping your weather continues to improve.
Post a Comment