This photo is of myself, David, and Karen at an outdoor market in Mont Kiara, the suburb of KL in which David lives.
I took this shot so Karen and I would have a point of reference to find our way back to the rapid transit system. It also shows some of KL's nutso traffic.
At the Shrangri-La Hotel, one of the most interesting items for breakfast was fruit dipped in chocolate from this fountain. Nope, neither Karen nor myself had this treat for breakfast.
After the conference, I headed to Hua Hin, Thailand to a quiet hotel to spend some time with friends currently teaching at TAS, and friends who retired last year. The next two shots are of some of the goodies at the wet Thai market where we went for sublime mangoes and sticky rice.
I had a rough time looking out my second floor balcony at the sunrise over the ocean.
The hotel was a sweet little place, right on the beach, laid-back, and inexpensive.
Here are Doug and Judy, looking totally relaxed as they enjoy both their vacation and retirement.
I'm looking pretty relaxed as well, although I have to go back to work on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment