Saturday, April 26, 2008

After School Ride

In trying to ramp up my miserly miles, I've tried to get out after school a few times a week, and before school (at 5:00 am) a few times as well. One of my favorite after school places is to ride the bike path that goes in front of the Grand Hotel along the Keelung (I think) River. It's easy to get to without having to navigate too much insane traffic, and after school it's not ridiculously busy. I was riding happily along two weeks ago when I saw these kayakers out practicing. I like the colors of the kayaks and Taipei 101 in the background.


And this is an amazing photo because there is no one in it! It is not often there is a stretch of clear pavement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is normal for me to ride in our contryside and not see a vehicle for more than 30 minutes. And then it's usually a farm vehicle. I see way more cows than people when I ride around Hooterville.
Only problem is, there hasn't been much riding lately!
It snowed again. Looks like we're going from winter straight to summer!

russtaitai said...

I'm the same in the summer...especially when I ride the old highway. Peaceful, quiet, and actually beautiful in it's flat goodness.