Thursday, February 07, 2008

More of the Blasted Same

Yep, it's a week off here in Taiwan for the beloved Chinese New Year, and what has the weather brought? Rain. Rain. Oh, and more rain. Happens most every vacation. Which is why I have a bicycle trainer set up in the apartment. It's not the same as riding outside. And don't be fooled by the temperature here, either. It's cold. The dampness has a chill that goes right through. I've actually been wearing gloves and my heavy winter coat. And on the bed I've got a comforter and TWO blankets. I may have to break down next year and actually buy a heater. For this year, however, I'll just keep complaining!


Now here is what Russ has to contend with in the middle of Nebraska in the middle of the winter. Who's got the better weather???


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Last November we visited the in-laws in Japan and for some reason we didn't turn on the heater in the bedroom. With the jet lag I was waking up at 3 am and it was really cold - 55 degrees, maybe?

Ugh. I'll take my central heat and electric blanket!

russtaitai said...

Yep, I know exactly how you feel. At least the cold doesn't last forever here...it just feels like it.