It looked to be a decent riding morning when I got up and looked at the road five floors down. No rain. No wind. Excellent. By the time I got moving and out the door, the streets were wet. I figured I'd better show up at school anyway, just in case anybody else came for a ride. I was pretty sure Karen J. would snuggle back into bed, and the only other person who told me she was planning on coming was Karen P. I was a little surprised when she showed up, because by then it was raining a bit more than before. We decided to venture out anyway, and it pretty much dried out for us all the way from Tienmu to Bali.
I took it very easy on my knee, and didn't ride up any inclines. Karen, of course, with her muscles, powered up what few inclines we had. After riding around the Archaeological Museum, and back to the famous donut place, we decided we were still too early for the mango smoothie place. So, taking our fresh donuts, we bought a ticket for the ferry and headed across the river to Tanshui. At a diagonal. Instead of a straight line. Because the water was really choppy and the current was running really fast. Every once in awhile I wonder if the ferry will make it across the river. This was one of those times.
But it did, and so did we. Rode the short distance to Starbuck's where a hot latte was enjoyed by Karen and I gulped down a hot chocolate. From there, we took to the road for a bit before climbing back onto the bike path for the ride back into Tienmu. We were pummeled by some big raindrops falling sideways because of typhoonish winds. Still, we both enjoyed being outside, I was happy my knee was doing ok, and we were both laughing about the weather and the nutso drivers once we got off the path and onto the streets.
Well, laughing until one 285 bus driver decided we had no business being in front of him and blasted his horn in an annoyingly rude way.
So rude, that as he made his move to pull out alongside us, I waved him on, and then flipped him off.
I hate it when I do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment