Guess it's time to do some changing to the scrapbook photo album I made for mom and dad a few years ago. Need to take out my brother Bill's ex-wife and add in his wife, Maureen. And I need to update my brother Bruce's page to reflect his last day on earth, Friday, March 14, 2008.
Didn't see that coming, so I was surprised when Russ called me while I was out with Karen and Karen on a Taiwan bike adventure. Am I sad about it? That's a tough question. Not sad that he is finally at rest. Sad that he never could break the cycle of addiction and really didn't have much of a life for quite some time. Sad for mom and dad to lose another son, this time their first-born. Not sad that mom and dad no longer have to wait for the phone call in the middle of the night. Sad that Bruce took his own life instead of being able to die from natural causes. Sad that he and I hadn't had much of a relationship for a long, long time, and that can never be changed.
Be at peace, finally, Bruce.
1 comment:
Such emotonal turmoil. No matter the circumstances, it is tough loosing family. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.
Post a Comment