Well, how about that? It's been one more day since 2-18-16, the day I lost you. Another day to remember the huge loss of you. But, another day to remember the blessings of you. Yes, dear Russell, I am remembering how blessed I am to have had you as my husband for 38 years, and my best friend for 40.
At GriefShare tonight I was silent in voice, but not in thoughts. This was week 5, which was about the loss of family. The focus was really on loss of children, but as I watched the video, my mind turned to mom and her reaction to seeing Brian in his casket so many years ago. She was broken-hearted, especially because she had remained hopeful that Brian would recover from his coma. That was not to be, though, not after a year and a half. That day in the Baptist Church, she hurt so much, but as years passed, I saw her keep her faith, never a hiccup there at all. She and dad were both amazing in how they handled Brian's death, and then Bruce's death. Two sons buried...such a hard thing for parents to handle.
I thought about mom on my drive to the church tonight. And I said how much I missed her. But then my next thought was that I don't miss her nearly as much as I miss you. And you know what? Mom would say that is just fine. Love you both. Miss you both.
And tomorrow is another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment