Saturday, September 13, 2008

Typhoon Gone?


Winds howled last night for HOURS, so the tin and plastic coverings of balconies in the back of my apartment kept up a cacophony of sounds, which had me tossing and turning most of the night. Right now it's calm and the rain has stopped. From what I can tell (as best I can from the Chinese news stations) that we aren't yet finished with Typhoon Sinlaku. Some of the mountains in northern Taiwan have been pummeled with over 1,000 mm of rain. Don't know how much Taipei got, but it started raining here on Friday night and continued all day and all night Saturday. Looking at tv right now, and it looks like Taipei must have gotten over 600 mm of rain. I'm perfectly content to remain inside the rest of the day...Youtube has some decent tv shows and I've got some paperwork to do. Maybe one of the bikes will get used this week before or after school.

Well, that didn't last long. Rain is here again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No typhoons here, but we did ride in the drizzley rain for the first half of the 7th annual Margarita Ride in Vermillion on Saturday. We still had fun!
Stay safe and snug in your exotic playground!

russtaitai said...

Thanks. Looks like I'll be walking to school in a total deluge in half an hour.