Friday, September 05, 2008

Finally, a September Bike Ride

When I have to set the alarm to wake up for a Saturday morning ride, I wonder if it's worth it. I actually was hoping for rain this morning. But, it turned out to be a very nice morning, and a fantastic ride with Karen P. and Chen Li. We took off from school and decided to go up a hill. Not a big one, mind you!

Did the donut hill, then descended into Neihu, and rode over to the bike paths. After deciding we needed to extend our ride, we headed for parts left, walked up the elevator bridge, crossed the river, then headed home via the other side of the river.

I finally felt good and almost strong. Still coughing from being sick last weekend, but had lots of energy and the heat didn't fry me like it did the Saturday two weeks ago. I'm so happy this was a ride I enjoyed. Now I'm pumped to get back out and push myself.


Ya know, Taiwan does have it's moments, and today was no exception. We ran across a place along the bike path with some great looking flowers, AND the fountain was on at the dog park. Best part of that? No dogs.

The photos below are of Karen and Chen Li. Found some nice flowers along the bike path today, and the fountain at the dog walking park was on. If you look closely, you can see the Grand Hotel in the background.



No comments: