The air was so heavy with humidity that we could barely see the buildings across the river. I wasn't hopeful for a relaxing, fun ride. However, I was quite mistaken! Before Gretchen, Karen P., and I started out, two other new members of the TAS family saw us in front of school and came over to chat. After a bit of conversation and introductions, they decided to join us so we could show them how to get to the bike path. They stayed with us just to the "t" where the bike path splits. I'm hoping they will join us again, because one of the most fun things for me to do is to introduce people to the great biking in Taipei. Guess I'd better send out an all-school email and let people know we still explore on Saturday mornings.
Once the three of us got to Dadaocheng Wharf, we decided to stop in at Dante Coffee for a bit of a refueling. I very much enjoyed a wee pastry and a large frozen mango smoothie. Gave all of us enough energy to face the sea of humanity and the grueling sun on the way back home. Nah, it wasn't that bad.
Some days we get lots of waves and smiles. Yesterday was no exception. Seems almost everybody had to give us a morning greeting along with gigantic smiles. It was a lot of fun. Karen set a nice pace...we've decided (at least I have) that when the temp and humidity make the index over 100 degrees, that we need to slow our pace down. I'm looking forward to October when the temp is more humane.
Big OOPS. I've been reorganizing my photos on my computer and inadvertently deleted the photo with Gretchen, Karen, Tina, and Dan. Sorry guys! The one lone photo remaining of Saturday's bike ride is just a shot of colorful barrels from some sort of business near the bike path.
1 comment:
Our group ride to Canton and back was really nice yesterday. Temp was 53 when we started and near 90 when I stopped. Talk about temperature swing! (Oh, that would be Canton, SD not Ohio or China) ;)
Post a Comment