Thursday, August 28, 2008

After School Ride

Nope, I didn't get up at 4:30 to ride with the early group, but I did get out after school. I got around 13-16 miles. Not sure because my computer went wacko. I had it wired to the back wheel last winter so I could use my trainer and count miles. Found out I hated the trainer, and the stand I park my bike on messed with the sensor so it was always out of adjustment. Stopped at Giant after a laborious ride out toward Dadaocheng Wharf and one of the nice young new helpers put the sensor on the front fork. Cost...about $1.50 US. Why would I do it myself for that price???

Traffic was whizzing this afternoon...one of the bad things about riding in the afternoon instead of in the morning. But at least I don't have to rush to get home in time for a quick shower and a bite of breakfast before heading to school. I only had a couple close calls...pretty typical for Taipei.

Today was rather nice because school was dismissed at 2:00 instead of our normal 2:30. (now don't go thinking them's all the hours we work, cuz we routinely work till 5:00, get to school before 7:00 am, take work home with us and work on the weekends)

Taipei was holding an air raid drill, which means all traffic stops, and nobody is allowed out in the city streets. School buses needed to run earlier in order to get the kiddos home. I got a bit of work done, visited with a former 5th grade student who will soon be on her way to a boarding school in Switzerland, and left school at 3:30. It was nice to be on the bike by 3:50. It wasn't nice because I had a bonker of a ride...sore muscles from Jillian's workout, plus not having had much lunch (not enough time) and the heat did me in again. At least I got out, and I expect the heat will improve day by day, so I won't have that excuse to whine before too long.

No comments: