Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Early AM...Apparently Not

I have to laugh...I set my alarm clock every night to go off at 4:30 am. And every morning before the appointed hour, I reset it to 5:30. So, that's it. I guess I am no longer an early morning rider. Why fight it?

I did leave school early yesterday...just a bit after 3:00...and enjoyed a very windy 22 mile ride. Was quite nice, I knew the wind was howling...just decided I needed to get out anyway. The only fly in the ointment was the heinous traffic on the roads once I got off the bike path to make my way to my apartment. Buses, cars, scooters...so many folks out on the roads. And so many of them breaking all manner of traffic laws.

Bring on that old highway in Nebraska where I may see half a dozen cars if I'm lucky. I can head out my door and if the traffic is really light, not have to get off my bike until I roll back into my driveway 20 miles later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you were going to be here for our Saturday ride from Bunyans' in Vermillion to Bobs' in Martinsburg Nebraska. It's only 33 miles, but I have been told the return trip will take awhile becuase of the ginormous cheeseburgers we are planning on eating. I will post photos on my blog, that will have to get you by until you can actually ride in Gods' Country once again!

russtaitai said...

I read about this ride on your blog, and the mention of good ole US cheeseburgers had me salivating. I'll be with you in spirit...have a great ride.