It rained a bunch here on Saturday, and I was actually glad, because I didn't feel like going out for a bike ride. Sunday was a decent day, although the relentless wind was once again howling. I could have easily ridden in it because the temp was fantastic. So what did I do? I very deliberately chose to remain indoors, except for when I walked over to school in the morning and evening to make sure the darn guinea pig had food and water.
It felt good to play hooky from the bike. It felt good to vegetate and watch far too much tv and eat too much junk food. This morning when I got up, I was ready to ride. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time before school, and I stayed too long at school this afternoon to get in a ride. Tomorrow? Who knows? I have decided to NOT ride with the gals who go at 5:00 am because they will head up to Rifle Range, and I know I'm not ready for that yet. I should get up at 4:30, head out the door by 4:45 and ride a flat route for an hour. I should do that, but I'm not sure I will.
This Sunday will be a very short riding day for me because it is "Take a Kid Biking Day" in honor of our fallen colleague, Dave W. I'll go from here to Guandu, then see what I can do to help the organizers, so mileage shouldn't be over 15 miles. This should be a good day, although I am very sorry we have a need for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment