Sunday, October 07, 2007

Weathered the Typhoon

No pun intended. It was nice to wake up today, though, and have the winds of the typhoon over and done with. It's headed toward China now, and over a million people there have been evacuated. Here, there were landslides and some flooding. Of course, there is debris all over the place. I lucked out because my power was out for less than half an hour. It cut out just as I was taking a pan of hot nachos out of the convection oven. Good timing. And good nachos.

I finally put the bike on the trainer this morning and did about half of Coach Troy's "On the Road" DVD. This is a beautiful autumn virtual ride through northern Baltimore county, Maryland. Figure it's one way for me to experience fall, since I don't get it in Taipei. The DVD is fun, but tough.


Typhoon Krosa aftermath: Photos taken within a city block radius of my apartment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trainer currently in my living room in Taipei: (I can do this since Russ is in the states and I don't do any entertaining!)

Photobucket

No comments: