Monday, January 30, 2017

Hello, It's Me

It's been awhile since I blogged. Been doing ok, mostly. Keeping busy going back and forth between my two homes. Hating my life off and on. Frustrated with school and this class this year. I can only do so much and it is just wearing me down.

Had a huge sucker punch of "you are gone forever" when I dropped my students off at the gym. Made it through the day, but really got hit hard after school. Like a dam burst, that's how bad it was. Can't remember when it was that bad.

Heavy thinking on my way home, and when I took Poco for a walk. Thinking VERY seriously about early early retirement. I could take your retirement, plus work for a few years, and be ok. And by work, I mean ANYTHING but teaching. I could always take a year's leave here, stay in Gothenburg and do something for a year and see how I feel. Could return here, no job or school guaranteed, but it would be a year with no school pressure. Not sure I can take much more of it. Seriously.

So, I will set up an appointment with the guys from Kearney and get some financial planning help.

Love you, Mr. Russell C. Huff. I miss you every day and still cannot believe you were taken from me so swiftly. I didn't even get to say good-bye or hold your hand one more time.

No comments: