It has been one and a half years, 18 months, and 547 days since you left me on February 18th, 2016. Has it really been that many days? It feels like just yesterday the police officer and chaplain were ringing my doorbell in Grand Island to tell me the heart wrenching news that you were taken from me instantly, and with no pain while out on your last Earthly scooter ride. Yes, Russ, I know how much you loved that scoot. You told me nearly every time you rode it how much you loved it.
Yesterday I opened the shed for the first time since I sold Brad W. your rider mower last summer. I had wanted to look at your Honda to see if I was ready to list it for sale. Besides all the spiderwebs, I also found a gas lawn mower. I swear I hadn't seen that last summer! I'll have to look at that, too, to see if I am going to use it, or keep at the lawn with the new reel mower, just to make a point. My point being I can use my power to mow and get some exercise at the same time. Now for the Honda...not sure yet.
I am doing ok, mostly. There are some days that are not so good. Would I bring you back? Yes and no. Yes, for me and Poco. No, for you! You would not like to see the world right now. You are in an amazing place. You have no worries or cares, and are where you need to be.
Remember this, Russ, I have loved you for 40 years. You were my best friend for 40 years. You were a good man, and I am richer for having known you. Missing you.
No comments:
Post a Comment