Been thinking about just deleting my blog, but there are a lot of posts that I want to remember. A lot of people I want to remember. So, maybe I'll get my arse in gear and post every once in awhile.
So, I am no longer in Taipei, but am now living and teaching in Nebraska. Unfortunately I am still not teaching in the same town in which my husband and I have our home. Not really holding out a lot of hope that it will happen for next year either, but one never knows.
My job this year is not an easy one, especially since I am fresh off the "private school in Taiwan boat"...where the climate isn't fraught with high-stakes testing and politicians who don't know any better, but still stick their noses in where they shouldn't. The teachers I work with are wonderful...they have been very welcoming and have made me feel right at home.
So, even though it's not my ideal situation, I am still very thankful to be here, and to have a good paying job.
No comments:
Post a Comment