
Godspeed, my friend and most excellent mother-in-law...
Pauline Ellen "Polly" Kibler
1925-2009
Pauline Ellen 'Polly' Kibler, 83, of North Platte died Thursday, April 30, 2009, at her home in North Platte.
Polly was born June 30, 1925, to William Steen and Celinda 'Grace' Curtis Porter at LaJunta, Colo., where she grew up. She graduated from LaJunta High School in 1943 and later worked for the Air Force in the PX. She lived in California before returning to LaJunta. On Sept. 6, 1958, Polly married Sidney Jefferson 'Bud' Kibler, Sr. in Raton, N.M. They made their home in LaJunta before moving to North Platte in 1962. She worked for 24 years at J.M. McDonald Colo., and Herbergers.
She is survived by her daughter, Paula (Tom) Richardson of Hershey; five sons, Russell (Brenda) Huff of Gothenburg, Jim Huff of Nashville Tenn.,
Jay Huff of North Platte, Sid (Brenda) Kibler, Jr.of Council Bluffs, I.A., and Sam Kibler of North Platte; five grandchildren, Randy, Brian, Annie, Sabrina and Kacie; eight great-grandchildren; and other family.
Polly was preceded in death by her husband, Bud; her parents; four sisters, Violet Hamilton, Hannah Madsen, Jeanne Watters, and Leorah Thomas; and two brothers, Harlan and Raymond Porter.
5 comments:
My condolences. I'm still dealing with the passing of my mom in April.
Quick fact: I grew up in Rocky Ford (10 miles west of La Junta) and graduated from Otero Junior College.
Hi Mike. I was going to talk to Polly this summer about your mom and Rocky Ford. A few years back, Russ and I went through LaJunta and Rocky Ford, the latter being where I bought as many cantaloupes as I thought I could eat before they rotted. Delicious! I wanted to give some to Polly, but she (as well as most of the rest of the family) didn't eat cantaloupe because she remembered the smell of the mounds of rotting fruit each summer.
How are you doing? Dealing with the loss of a loved one takes time, doesn't it?
The Christmas card I sent to Aunt Pauline came back. I was able to find out why through google. Thank you for writing this article about "Polly" Kibler. She was my aunt, and Russel (Rusty) is my cousin. My mother, Violet Hamilton, was Aunt Pauline's sister. Hello to Russell from Roberta (Hamilton) Hill. I live in WA state with my husband and our daughters and families are here also.
Roberta...sorry you had to find out about Polly through a blog rather than an email or something. I sent your message on to Russ, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear from you. Do you have an email address I can send to him?
If Russ wants to email me he can send it to:
bobbihill4u@gmail.com
Thanks.
Post a Comment