Friday, February 06, 2009

What is it about Bicyclists?

Today I had a Chinese road biker pass me as I came off the bike path onto the road at the Guandu Temple. I was moseying along, he was cruising! I stepped on it, it took awhile, but I caught up to him and passed him as we were nearing the next bike path approach. He tucked in behind me and I led him up to where they had closed the path for a few feet to put in new plants. I didn't know what he was going to do, so I slowed up and pulled to the right. He slingshotted past me toward where I was headed in the first place.

Of course I sped up and caught him again. Right behind him up a small ramp. He stopped at the road he was going to cross, and as I went by on the road I was not going to cross, waves, smiles, and thank-yous sang out from both of us. That was FUN to "semi-race" a dude on a tricked out road bike...me on my Fuji hybrid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, that new Fuji looks fast just sitting there! Alot of people pooh pooh hybrids, but mine goes everywhere, and does pretty much everything.
I love it! This time of year, the recumbent is resting.

russtaitai said...

The gearing on my hybrid is even better than my road bike...it helps to have a 10 speed instead of just an 8 speed. Now, to get the engine faster.